Opportunities in the Global Meat Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies
GlobalData’s Consumer and Market Insights report on "Opportunities in the Global Meat Sector", provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands shares.
The global Meat sector was valued at US$909.3 billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 2.4% during 2016-2021 to reach US$1 trillion by 2021. Asia-Pacific represents the largest regional market, with a value share of 31% in the global Meat sector in 2016. The region is also forecast to record the fastest CAGR of 3.8% during 2016-2021. Improving worldwide economies and rising consumption of Meat from an expanding global population, will continue to be major drivers for the global Meat sector. Despite the rising consumption of Meat worldwide, the ecological concerns regarding Meat production, known to be a major source of carbon emissions, will remain a challenge for the sector as consumers shift towards more eco-friendly diets such as plant-based protein.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall alue and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Market coverage: Value and growth analysis with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their sector share forecast for 2016-2021
- More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
- Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drinks Specialists, Department Stores, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, “Dollar Stores” and Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and Paper & Board; container data for: Film, Tray, Tub, Bag/Sachet and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence Meat products consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2016-2021
- Recommendations for manufacturers on key Meat categories - Cooked Meats - Counter, Ambient Meat, Fresh Meat (Counter), Frozen Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts and Cooked Meats - Packaged with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Global Meat sector: Improving global economy supports growth in packaged Meat sector worldwide
- Drivers for a shift in consumption patterns: Health and environmental concerns will impact the value share of Meat in the food industry
- Asia-Pacific: The region is is forecast to be the largest and fastest-growing market for the global Meat sector in value terms
- In Latin America, Stable herd production will keep up the demand for Meat products
- Eastern Europe: Busy lifestyles spur interest in convenient formats of Meat products
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Meat sector
- Film is the most commonly used closure type in the global Meat sector
Reasons to buy
- Identify high potential markets and explore further opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Meat products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion