TrendSights Analysis: Informed Shopping - Meeting the needs of informed and critical consumers
"TrendSights Analysis: Informed Shopping - Meeting the needs of informed and critical consumers" examines the ways that information and informed shopping influences shopping habits and product choice. It look at what informed shopping means as a consumer trend, why it is important, who the relevant consumers are, how FMCG brands can best capitalize on the trend, and the future outlook of the trend.
The availability of information through novel technologies has raised consumer awareness about the social impact of shopping decisions. In a circular process, consumer awareness drives the creation of new platforms and increasingly granular sources of information. Consumers now have instant access to comparisons of price, product quality, and brand ethics. This changes how consumers shop and how they perceive brands and products.
- Information coming from online reviews, social media, and other online sources combined with the accessibility of information on mobile devices is reshaping consumer shopping habits.
- 79% of consumers check prices online before making a purchase.
- 56% of consumers use price comparison websites to compare different prices at supermarkets.
- 55% of consumers are more likely to trust blogger/user reviews over brand claims.
- 45% of consumers are willing to boycott a brand whose values do not reflect their own.
Reasons to buy
- Understand which audiences are most affected by the Informed Shopping trend.
- Compare the presence of this trend in each industry across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
- See the steps that major brands are taking to meet the needs of informed shoppers.